April 27, 2010

Supporting a Friend

I spent the day chatting to my friend (on msn of course...phone bill would of been huge and I would of had to of left home before hubby saw the bill lol) who is currently going through IVF.  She is just about ready to go for her 4th try but this cycle will be a fresh cylcle...her 3rd one.  It just breaks my heart how worked up she was knowing what she has to go through again to maybe get a couple of eggs...yep poor responder.  And the hard thing for me is I am the opposite and would end up with mild OHSS so couldn't relate on that part, but as for her worry about the pain and the uncomfort, feeling misserable for a few days and then the stressing over the 2ww, then checking everytime you go to the loo, the blood test then the dreaded phone call................... I can  soooooooooo relate. 

It's true you know that the more times you go the harder it becomes which is the complete opposite of anything you try.  For me it was always going to be it was never going to happen, or my hubby would say we can't afford it anymore, or the worst thing...your FS saying it's not going to happen.  I was begining to know we were coming to an end lets face it after 10 transfers, how much more could I expect my hubby to go through....me I could of gone forever to achieve that dream, although don't know if the body would of taken me to forever.  And after we lost out daughter on our 6th transfer I really thought that was it.  But I think she is scared that she too will take as long as me, but I can't promise her she won't, I mean how do we know, it's just a waiting game. 
She had a good cry...well I couldn't see her but she told me she did and as she said it's something she just can't talk to her friends and family about as no one has been through it and understands what it's like and as much as her hubby does try it's not the same.  She is the last in her group of friends that hasn't had children yet which I know is the hardest. 

Her girlfriends took her out for a lunch a couple of weeks ago and called it her sending fertile wishes lunch which I loved, I mean what a great idea and to me that does show that they are thinking about her even if they fully don't understand....Hey maybe more women need those types of lunches!!  She's decided to take 2 1/2 weeks off work and for the 2ww she is going to park herself on the couch, watch nothing but crap on TV, eat chocolate, sleep when she wants too and by that she means during the day and just take it as it comes.  I always had to be kept busy which is why I never took holidays during that time except for once and I swore I would never do it again, I just thought too much, but as I said to her do what you have to do but promise me you will at least shower!!


Good luck Cat you know I am there for you when ever you need me!!

8 Comments:

Blogger Circus Princess said...

How sweet, I'd love a lunch like that! I'm happy she has a friend like you too though who will actually understand.

April 27, 2010 1:05 am  
Blogger Kate @ Ex Libris said...

I really hope it works out for her.

ICLW

April 27, 2010 6:08 am  
Blogger Clare said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your kind comment. You are a very good friend indeed. Here's hoping for that miracle. For all of us.

April 27, 2010 8:31 pm  
Blogger Krissi McVicker said...

Wow! It's great that you are there for her when she really needs it. I think YOUR story is incredible too! AND I would love to share it on my blog! I feature a success story every Sunday. Here's a link to the questions and thank you in advance! Happy ICLW!http://stressfreeinfertilityblog.com/2010/01/17/calling-all-success-stories/

April 28, 2010 7:38 am  
Blogger erika said...

Thanks for visiting my site. I am so glad I found your blog on here! Such an inspiring story.
Happy ICLW
#130

April 28, 2010 9:42 am  
Blogger Ceejay said...

You should encourage her to start a blog so she can join our wonderful online community ;). But what a blessing for her to have you to talk to, and that her friends are so supportive, even if they can't understand. I definitely think I need a lunch like that!

April 28, 2010 2:25 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shazz, being a friend and supporting friends is probably one of the best things we can do.

Thanks for your comments on my blog.

Happy ICLW!

April 28, 2010 10:53 pm  
Blogger Kitty said...

Good luck, Cat!! I so hope that this is it for her!

P.S. Thanks for your comment on my blog!

ICLW

April 29, 2010 2:43 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home