April 11, 2010

From Mummy to Teacher


I feel I need to start taking M's development a little more seriously than I have.  He's now at the age where he is looking at us to teach him how to talk as at the moment all  as he says  is da da da, dad, dadda, daddy, ga ga and hey.  He will try and copy you but in baby moaning etc.  He is now 16 months corrected and should really have a couple of words under his belt.  I hate comparing him to anyone elses child and I said I would never do it, we always said he could develop at his own pace but he obviously needs help in the talking area...unfortunatly it's not something that I can just plug into him and it's programed into him, although in this day and age I am surprised it's not  lol. 
But because I belong to a few online groups such as preemie, ivf etc you tend to hear alot of what other toddlers are doing and deep down do start to think well why hasn't he done that yet.  I know he is going to surprise us like he has with everything else.....good old mummy starts to worry when is he going to roll, crawl, eat etc and one day he just does it!  So today I did some web surfing to find some Educational sites.......man there are some great online shops out there and I could spend a small fortune!!  There is so much out there that after a while your head starts spinning and you hope to god you have bought the right products!

I think I will get these

As much as I would love to buy more as there is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much he is only 16 months and I don't want him to suddenly become overwhelmed, go mute and never speak again lol.  Now that I have found this website hubby is going to cringe as M becomes older..... hee hee.  So now when they arrive I put my teachers hat on and get to it.

I asked hubby about the so called terrible two's that people seem to say children go through, although some say it's more the three's now.  See hubby has been married before and has 2 older children so I have to say I am very lucky to be able to have someone to turn to and ask questions about M's development.  He seems to think that it's similar to what Maxx does now such as when he raises his voice when he cries even though there is no tears, or when he tenses himself up and goes red in the face....lets hope so because his mother has a temper too and two tempers together won't make a happy house hold lol.  I'd be the mother in the supermarket lying on the floor chucking the tantrum before he had time to do it.
God could you imagine hubby getting a call at work telling him to come down to the shops to collect his wife and child because they were both chucking a tanty on the floor!

1 Comments:

Blogger S.I.F. said...

My cousin has her 18 month old reading several words with the "teach your baby to read" cards. It is insane to me that it is even possible, but it so is!

April 12, 2010 2:06 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home