April 05, 2010

It's Over for Another Year

Well there you go another Easter is over, my son has more chocolate eggs than hubby and I have put together, everyone has gone home and I'm exhausted!  Sometimes you wonder why you put yourself through it all, I mean if your the host your continually running around making sure everyone is ok, then getting breakfast, lunch and dinner, then tea and coffee, then filling and unloading dishwasher, sweeping the floor, picking up, then trying to fit your own shower in and then you just can't be bothered eating a meal you have been looking forward too for a week.  Last night I found myself falling asleep on the couch with my back and my mouth open....thank god I didn't snore or even worse wake up with drewl running down my face..... although I am sure most of my family has seen it already.


M had a good easter, but being 19 months or 15 months corrected he still doesn't know whats going on, so hopefully next year will be alot more fun for him.  He did however love all the attention from everyone, but I do think by this afternoon he was over it, I actually found when he woke from his afternoon sleep and everyone was gone he wasn't looking for anyone and OMG it was so good to have him back to myself....I missed him.
This afternoon hubby and I sat on the couch, he got out the dips, cheeses, kabana and bickies and we just watched TV and played on the computer.  Then when M woke up he had a couple of mini easter eggs, lunch and we had a bit of a play with his toys till he just went off and did his own thing.


So tomorrow is another day and I have a house that needs cleaning from head to toe!

1 Comments:

Blogger ..al said...

Well, yeah, I know that playing host is a sucker for stamina...

I am glad you survived it....and that M had so much fun, and so much chocolate...one is never too young for that delicious goodness!

April 05, 2010 11:29 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home