March 28, 2010

His little Traits

My little man has certainly found his feet now.  Over the past couple of days he has started walking using his toys that are on wheels such as his big car, train etc.  He's up and down the hall way, around the couch infact anywhere where there is floor boards and he is loving it!  Up until lately he has only been walking around the couch or furniture but lately he has been pushing the diningroom chairs around just being a little more confident.  Hubby thinks he will be walking around by himself by the end of April and I tend to agree.  Today while we were in the bathroom waiting for his bath to fill he let go of the side of the bath and just stood there for the longest time yet, I just kept yelling clever boy, clever boy, I think by the way I was carrying on he was walking on water lmao. 
I can't believe he is 19 months old or 15 months corrected.  He's come so far and is such a head strong little thing.  Speaking to other preemie mothers this seems to be a common thing.  They know what they want to do and just go for it, like there is no fear what so ever.  I remember when he was still in hospital and had just got over his pneumonia and we knew he was going to survive, I would send SMS updates to my parents onhow he was going and for a whole there he was just putting his foot down as to say I want out of here.  I remember dad sending a reply of "he'll be reading the newspaper next" and as much as it put a smile on my face that's the type of baby he was..... and no he hasn't read a newspaper yet but likes to look through it when daddy is reading, which results with parts of it being spread across the floor. 

He throws anything he can get his hands on in the empty bath.  He can start of with 7 of the balls he plays with in his playroom and by the end of the day most of them plus other things are in the bath.  If you pull it out for him he only throws it back it, so have learn't first don't follow him in or he whinges at you until you get them out for him to just throw them in again and 2 just leave it all in there till the end of the day and then you can collect it all together and just put it back in his playroom.

I have to laugh at the way they still test you...lets see if I cry if she will come running even though nothing has happened to me!  Sometimes he will do what sounds like a real cry so I do go running only to see the smile come on the face as soon as I have picked him up, or then there's the she's not paying any attention to me so I will do a angry groan where he goes red in the face and stiffens up....I nearly wet myself laughing.  He does try though so I will give him credit.
He loves the computer, if its turned off he doesn't want a bar of it and when it's on he will find anyway of trying to touch it.  Oh mum look over there he is saying in his head while I touch your computer and do something to it that you can't work out how to fix.  Lately he's been coming over and wanting to sit on my lap, he will then slowly more his hand closer.  If you move it away he will start stretch his arm out, you move it more he will stretch more but he does it slowly so he thinks its not so obvious and if you leave it for a second he is onto it and now knows where the power button is..there ya go mum, there's payback for not letting me touch it in the first place!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home