March 17, 2010

Little man update.

Well my little man just seems to be getting bigger everytime he wakes up in the morning.  One day you have a 845g or 1 lb 8oz for the US people little baby and next thing you know he is nearly 12kg or 26lb 4 oz.  He thinks it's fantastic that he can now reach things he never use to, although not so fantasic for mummy as my house is starting to look like I am moving out.  I've had to barricade off one room when I found teeth marks in our brand new shutters.... maybe he thought he needed more fibre??  I can tell you not with the teething nappies he's been having for weeks!!

And OMG what is it with teething nappies, who in their right mind invented a human to almost pee their poo out for weeks and the smell.....I've lost count of how many times I gagged, how many change of clothes he went through in a day.  Most of the time I just grabbed him and put him in the bath.  I wanted to gaffa tap the top of his nappy closed but thought it would probably leave a noticeable mark lol.  I actually found myself not eating breakfast until he had done his first poo.  See what my life had turned into, I am talking about poo!  He has 8 teeth.....7 front and 1 back but I think another back one is on it's way which means I am back to lovely nappies again. 
He's such a happy boy and nothing phases him although he does crack it when he can't play with the computer when your on it.  This child finds things on my computer that I never knew existed and then I have to try and figer out how to get rid of it.  If you say no he will pretend to walk away but quickly move the hand in to hit the keys.  My laptop has a light on the power button and he is like a bug on a light at night when he see's them, so if you turn your head for a split second he will push it then give you this look, not the look of it wasn't me....it's the look of yep I did it but you so love me!!
The best thing I am getting now he is getting older is the mummy cuddles.  When I pick him up out of his cot the first thing he does is snuggle his head into my shoulder...I have been waiting 7 years for that.  He still hasn't mastered mum or mumma or even ma it's all still dadda, daddy or dad dad and seems in no hurry to change that.  He's favorite food right now is Fantastic Delites which are little rice crackers and when daddy comes home from work it's a tradition that they go and sit on the couch together and eat them while I get dinner ready.....love the boys bonding! 
He's not really a TV watcher which is fine with me, although sometimes when I need to get things done I wish he was, but he does have his favorite ads and when he hears them he just drops everything and goes racing to the TV oh and he does like the simpsons & two and a half men themes lol.

I love this age, watching him develop his little personality and trates.....it was so worth the wait.

1 Comments:

Blogger Circus Princess said...

What a beautiful post. I hope to be where you are someday, nappies and all :)

March 17, 2010 6:07 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home