February 04, 2010

Bit of a Ramble

Just a break from the catch up.

For those that don't know I live in an area that was effected by the Black Saturday Bushfires.  This week I have been down at my parents whilst N is away in Sydney for work.  I have enjoyed it so much, just to be able to see different colours again such as the sea, normal coloured tree's etc.  Unfortunatly the place we were suppose to move to last year is not the place we are living in now.  The houses are gone only to be replaced with new ones or non at all, the tree's are a shade of black with the green growth returing but still so morbid.  You look out the windows everyday to the same view and find yourself playing sot the tree with the new growth or the one that didn't make it......sad yes I know but there is nothing else to do.  The shops are gone with nothing to replace them a year after it happened and still no sign of it even starting.  The nearest proper town is 35mins away down the mountain and around the windies and I am talking car sick windies where you pass logging trucks that almost try and push you along if your not going quick enough.

[caption id="attachment_315" align="aligncenter" width="242" caption="Black spur. Goes for approx 35 mins"][/caption]


 

Going to a big shopping centre is like a day out that you so look forward too.  I miss the Peninsula and I think since having Maxx I have realised how much you do need family around just to help out, even if it's to take him for a few hours so I can do some things for me or things in general.  It's just so lonely up here and I think because we have only been here since May 2009 we're still the outsiders.  I honestly didn't realise what it would be like moving to an area like this and I sometimes get jealous of my husband being able to get in the car every morning and go to work.  He's going to think thats a weird coment as he would love to stay at home but it's the issolation that effects you.  I just think my heart is on the Peninsula and always will be.

This was Marysville before the fires: http://www.mix.com.au/shows/thebunch/photos/maryville-before-the-fire

[caption id="attachment_318" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Before the fires....main st"][/caption]


The mountain where I live alight


Photo's of how it effected the town after the fire went through:  http://tools.weeklytimesnow.com.au/photo-gallery/photo_gallery_popup.php?category_id=1851

[caption id="attachment_319" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Part of the town after the fires....the whole town with a population of over 600 looked like this."][/caption]

 I will talk more about all this later with alot more photo's including how it's coming along now and I must say it's great seeing alot of houses being rebuilt.


Anyway it's been great staying with my parents and giving me a slight break from Maxx and as much as I love him and I hate saying or admitting I need a break because I tried so long to have him.  I am scared that something will happen to him because I even think it, but I feel like I sound ungreatful.  N tells me I'm not but it's always in the back of your mind.


I'm heading back home tomorrow, just hoping Maxx survives the 2 hr drive poor kid.  So can't wait to see N as he arrives home from Sydney tomorrow.  We have the one year anniversary of the Black Friday Fires on Sunday with a memorial on the oval.  It's going to be a very hard day for alot of people and even though we hadn't moved into our new home when the fires went through, I am hoping we can be some type of support for those that were there.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Shelly said...

Wow how Awful! It's so sad the destruction that fires cause.
Please dont' feel to guility about needing a break sweetie. It's a normal thing. I felt it too ;)

February 04, 2010 4:52 pm  
Anonymous Brenda said...

Life at home with a bub is hard when you dont have friends and family close. I dont have anything to do with the 'people' (Im using that word with a smile lol) in my street/area and although I love being a SAHM and wouldnt change that for anything I do get very excited when scott comes home so I can talk to another adult.

The whole fire thing still just makes me sick. Just the amount of houses that have gone and people that were killed. Just horrible.

Hugs
xxx

February 04, 2010 6:31 pm  
Anonymous Lut C. said...

Those fires really wrecked havoc!

Everyone needs a break now and then, everyone.

February 04, 2010 7:41 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home