April 04, 2010

Slow Down....mummy still needs to feel wanted.

I can't believe how far M has come in his short little life.  Today he stood by himself without leaning on anything for the longest time yet.  He's starting to let go of things that he is holding onto as he becomes more confident.  He's been using his frames etc to lean on whilst walking, but today my mum put her arms under his arm pits and let him walk to which he took too straight away.  Then before we knew it he was holding onto her fingers like he had been doing it for weeks.  I'm afraid I'm about to lose my baby, the one thing he still had to rely on me for and he's about to take his first steps by himself.  I know he still needs me for other things but walking is just a huge huge step. 

I use to listen to other mothers say cherish every moment as they grow up so quick, but I thought oh please you have 5 or 6 years with them before they start school thats plenty of time!  Well I have to say I cannot believe how much a human develops in their first 18 months.  These defenseless little things are born into this world, they depend on you to do everything for them and then 19 months later he has smiled, rolled, crawled, eating what you do, leaning over to one side to fart, laughs, gets frustrated, starting to talk, knows what he wants and doesn't want and now he's a few weeks of walking by himself..... Oh dear mummy isn't coping to well!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home