April 08, 2010

M took his first steps!


My Baby took 4 steps by himself yesterday!!! Picture me crying here lol.  I tell ya no one told me him growing up was going to happen before he reached 2.  Funny how you can't wait for it to happen but when it does your so excited but the fear of independence sets in.  I am so proud of my 25 week preemie....he has both his parents pig headedness to just get in and do things no matter what others have said.  We were told that alot of preemies are delayed in developments but so far we are lucky.

Today hasn't been so much of a good day though.  I have never seen him like this before but he has been so clingy or as a friend said he has been a velcro toddler today.  He wouldn't go off and play which he normally does which is my time to either have a shower or clean up.  I would go to walk away and it was like he was tied to my legs, I just couldn't do a thing, if I sat he climbed on me, if I stood at the kitchen bench he would climb up and pull on my legs or  sqweeze himself between the cupboards and my legs, he even cuddled into me for ages.....very rare!!  I was hoping that after his sleep he would wake up to his normaly self but um no it didn't happen, it's like someone stole my child and gave me a imposter.


By the end of the day I was nearly in tears, it was just the frustration of not being able to do anything or leave the room.  Funny thing is, is that he settled down just in time for hubby to arrive home and me looking like a
Anyway hoping tomorrow is a better day or I may just lock myself in the bathroom and let him have the run of the house!

2 Comments:

Blogger MoDLin said...

First steps are so exciting - of course you cried! :-)
Congrats on his great development.

April 09, 2010 7:01 am  
Blogger S.I.F. said...

YAY! I love that he is doing so well, and the first steps are always so fun to watch!

April 10, 2010 6:37 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home