April 16, 2010

Weight Loss

I've been on the weightloss train since last year and I have to say it's been damn hard work as I love my food way to much!!  I have always been chubby since school but as I got older it's not longer chubby it's call fat. 
I have tried Jenny Craig, Nutri-system (which went bust in Australia), Lite n easy... several times, Weight Watchers... several times, CSRIO diet and I know there is more. 
About 10 yrs ago I got Glandular Fever and I have to say that was the best damn diet ever!!  By the time I was well again I had to go out and buy a whole new wardrobe and during this time met my future hubby......man I looked good!  But yep got to complacent, started shoveling again.  Then 6yrs of IVF drugs and trying to loose weight in between each cycle just added to the woes.  Then back in 2008 I was hospitalised for 7 weeks due to my cervix opening, was another good diet....between the 3 hospitals I stayed in I was lighter than before I was PG and I was 24w, the food was crap!!!  In Aug 08 I had my son at 25w and so typical I am not the type of person who can't eat when upset or stressed, so 153 days of hosptial food made not only my waist line but every other  line increase to one of the heavist sizes I have been 86.8kg or 189.1lb's also before I had M I worked in retail management and was on my feet for 10 hours a day.  Keep in mind I am only 155cm or 5ft 1", so weight makes me look like and oompa loompa and when I felt my knees hitting each other I knew what I had done....I was so ashamed for letting myself go, I promised hubby I would never do that.



Well as from today I am 14kg or 31lb lighter and am so proud of myself for doing it.  It hasn't been easy and trust me there has been lots of tears of frustration, especially when I have gained or stayed the same weight but when you see the clothes you use to wear no longer fitting you and falling to the ground you forget about the crappy weeks. 
I still have about 10kg or 22lb to go which I know are agoing to be the hardest but sooooooooooooooooo worth it!!  The weight I want to get to I don't think I was born at  LMAO.  So thankyou Weight Watchers finally a weight loss program that really does prove to me that you can eat real food and loose weight.

Now I have the problem of being between clothing sizes but more so our Autumn/winter fashion so far is crap.  It's shirts that look like flannelette, tight jeans, jumpers to your knees and cardigans and shirts that look like something my nanna would wear.  I honestly can't find a thing I like and ended up spending my birthday money which was suppose to be for clothes on my son, a handbag which I don't know why I bought because I carry everything in a nappy bag and costume jewellery which I sooooooo love.  Maybe I am not mean't to leave the house for 6 months!

AnywayI will keep you updated on the rest of my weight loss journey and maybe some pics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home