January 30, 2008

Appointment with new FS

 Had my appointment with my new Fertility spec. today.  First of all we were shown our embies gradings on her screen and we have 5 grade ones (best ones) 4 grade 2, 3 grade 3 and 2 other ones. She was a little dumb founded by no change in proticole 19 embies down the track and she also said how sad she was that we were still going 6yrs later and with the loss of a pg at 16w.  DH said she had a bit of a tear in the eye when he told her about the pg and that was going to be our only child and we were never going back for a second child.


  She has taken me off metformin for now as she feels that because my PCOS was never investigated properly such as the glucose test etc only BT & ultrasound also I had been on it for 5 yrs that I may not even need it.  She actually thinks I may only have PCO not the PCOS.  I am to have the glucose test on either the 14th or 15th Feb...... go on tell me its not a nice test, what could be if it goes for 2 hrs lol.

  My old FS hadn't released my records yet so she was flying a bit blind with the whole think but asked so many questions.  First of all about genetic testing of both DH & I which honestly I couldn't remember if we did or not. 

  So she has decided to take our embies to blast (grow to day 5) instead of day 2 and explained Melb IVF doesn't really do it only on extreme occasions like us as they find couples lose to many embies and there is still no proof one out ways the other.  They will pull out 6 and take it from there but this won't be done until after my appointment on the 18th Feb so she has time to read my notes.  Now if all the embies die during the defrosting for blast then we will do a fresh cycle and probably go to PGD (genetic testing of the embies)She also said if anything comes up in my notes in the mean time she will give me a ring, which I nearly fell off the chair as my last one never contacted patients, she will also do my scans. 

  We were then asked about both my PG's and more so the last one and what tests were done on the baby more so genetic tests.  She has a slight suspicion that my waters broke due to the urinary tract infection or it might of contributed but if I do fall pg she said its more than likely she will monitor me through it all.  She then went into our feelings of losing the baby and the ttcing for 6 yrs etc  But she does seem to think we can fall pg again and more so with one of the frozen 14 we have sitting there because to how good they are.

  I have to say I left feeling more informed and alittle more hopeful than I ever did with my last Dr which is scary considering this is my 4th yr of IVF and 10 transfers later.  We also spoke to her about when enough is enough which she admitted it one of the hardest things any Dr has to tell their patients but totally understands where we are coming from and agreed to it.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous elizabeth said...

This sounds like a wonderful fresh start, Shazz. I'm so happy for you that you found this doctor and like her so well.

January 30, 2008 1:26 pm  
Anonymous Sunny said...

Amazing! I am so glad you walked away with hope and courage.

January 30, 2008 10:06 pm  
Anonymous Lut C. said...

Sounds like a doctor you can put your confidence in. I hope this is the start of something wonderful.

January 31, 2008 8:20 pm  
Anonymous Faith Olsen said...

Shazz, I got the warm fuzzies reading that... Im so very glad you have afound a doctor who listens and is seeming to understand... SEE I told you 2008 is going to be your year!

Love ya Chicky
Faith xxx

January 31, 2008 10:57 pm  
Anonymous Imogen said...

Wonderful update Shazz. So happy for you xo

February 01, 2008 7:15 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home