April 25, 2006

March 9th 2006


I had my second day at work today and only sooked once, but that was because I cought up with a few that I didn't see on Tues. When I went to my desk there was an envelope with my name on it and when I opened it up it had a gift voucher for a night at a motel with a 3 course meal and breakfast provided. That gift was from one of the fantastic men I work with, it was something he had won at our work christmas party last yr and had told people that he has no one to share it with and he though my husband and I deserved it.........I was shell shocked!!! Its amazing how kind people can actually be.
I took the biggest step in my career today, I stepped down from my Management position (I work for a hugh retailer with over 180 stores in Australia). It will not be effective straight away as they will need to find me a position somewhere else, but after 9 yrs of doing it and 19 yrs with the same company I had just had enough and it was time to start thinking of me for a change. So when it all takes effect I will hopefully be doing 35 hrs instead of 60 a week. I felt so relieved after I spoke to her, like a weight that had been lifted off and now I can looked forward to having more time with my husband.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home