April 24, 2006

A New Begining


Well as you can see I stopped writing in my Blog and the reason being is we have had some ups and downs since then:

On the 14th Nov 2005 we recieved the news we had been waiting for that we were finally pregnant through our 6th IVF Fresh cycle and it was the best day of our lives. My pregnancy had been going fine and my tummy was popping out more than expected. I had a slight bleed at 8 weeks but after a scan all was fine and it only lasted for the day. I suffered from night sickness and wasn't eating much at all but I didn't mind, it was so worth it. On the 27th Jan I woke up at 3am with major tummy pain to the point were I was lying on the floor and couldn't get up.
My husband called the Ambulance and I was taken to Hospital where it took them 4 and a half hours for someone to come and see me. The Dr poked around told me I had a urinary tract infection from a pee test and sent me home with some antibiotics and no scan. When I got home I rung my Obstetrician and he was very upset that a scan had not been done and booked me in for one that afternoon. On my way down there I felt a sharp pain in my lower tummy and then a pop and a gush of water, I knew what had happened and when I got out of the car my mum was there, I stood up and down it all came. They took me in for a scan and wouldn't show me her, the lady who did the scan took the pics out to a Dr, she came back and told me I do have a leak and wait for a call from my Dr.
On the way home my Obs rung me and told me there was a leak and it does sound like my waters had broken, I was to go home to bedrest for the weekend and come in and see him on Mon for another scan and we would take it from there.
One week had passed and I was still leaking, we had been having scans every couple of days and still no fluid. We waited after the weekend to have a scan on the Monday, over a weekend since this had all happened and came to a choice that it wan't fair to our baby to keep her hanging on and not being able to develop..... she was only 15w 1d. We were told that without the amniotic fluid her lungs and limbs wouldn't develop and we would probably lose her further down the track. So we were booked in to deliver her on the 7th Feb 06. As it was she had stopped growing at 14w.
We found out that there was a name for what happened, its called PPROM..... Preterm Premature Rupture of Membranes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home