July 16, 2007

Virtual World Tour Day

Hi and Welcome to the Virtual World Tour day.  The Impatient Patient has suggested a day where we all post about where we come from.  I think its a great idea to learn a little more about each other.

 I come from Mornington, which is located on the Mornington Peninsula, Victoria, Australia.  The whole peninsula has a population of over 147000 people.  We are located at the bottom end of Melbourne which becomes a tourist Mecca at Christmas time to Easter which is Summer time here.  The tourists camp on the beach in caravans and create havoc for the locals as they tend to take over lol.

We have lived here for most of my life but we have just sold and in the next yr or so we are moving to the country.  Mornington is known for its cafe's, wineries, and social events.  At one end of the peninsula called Portsea is well known for the very rich area with houses worth Millions of dollars.  We are beach and country rolled into one.

Ready to go??

Map 2Map

Map of the Mornington Peninsula, Victoria, Australia.

Mornington Yacht Club

Mornington Yacht Club

Bathing Boxs

Bathing Boxes from Schanpper Point to Scout Beach.

Main St

Main St

Boat Ramp

Boat Ramp.

Grand Hotel

Grand Hotel

Royal Hotel

Royal Hotel opposite beach and packed during summer.

Village Shopping Centre

Inside the Village Shopping Centre.

Cafe’s

Cafe's Along Main St

Old Post Office

Old Post Office.

Nepean Hwy

Nepean Hwy.

Winery Winery2 Food

Wineries.  We have lots of them on the peninsula, very big tourist industry and export industry as well.

Seals Wildlife

Seals - Lots of them and other willife here.

Surfing

The Peninsula is well known for its Surfing.

Beach

Our Beach.

RWH

This is the Royal Womens hospital and also part of Melbourne IVF where 17 of my Frostie Bubs are living.

Our Backyard

Our back yard.

Hope you enjoyed my tour of where I live and love.

Labels:

14 Comments:

Anonymous Vee said...

I love your pics and what a beautiful part of OZ. I will definitely like to get there one day. I love the bathing boxes they always make great photos. Thanks for the tour.

July 16, 2007 6:13 pm  
Anonymous Nicole said...

Such a lovely place to live. I wish I had the courage to post photos of where I live. Instead, I have leaned toward anonymity. But, I enjoy other people's photos.

July 16, 2007 6:14 pm  
Anonymous Patience said...

You had me at wineries!! I am SO SO SO coming to visit, I need some of that sunshine!!!! xxx

July 16, 2007 6:23 pm  
Anonymous Monica said...

WOW!! Beautiful. I loved this tour. The bathing boxes were so colorful and the water so blue. Just curious, what is the temperature and humidity? I like to know that kinda stuff too so I can get a "feeling" of what it would be like to be there.

July 16, 2007 10:28 pm  
Anonymous Brenda said...

G I love your house. And i want a seal for a pet!!! lol

Hugs
xxx

July 17, 2007 4:17 am  
Anonymous Carrie said...

These are great pics. My dad lives in Mornington too but I've never been to see him. I didn't realise how lovely it is over there.

July 17, 2007 8:34 am  
Anonymous SaraS-P said...

Thanks for the tour! Reminds me a little of Northern California, where my husband is from, with the animal life and the beaches and surfers. Looks lovely!

July 17, 2007 8:56 am  
Anonymous Imogen said...

LOL, you stole my town! I live in Mornington too. Can I just be lazy and do a link to your post? :) Can't beat those pics!

July 17, 2007 10:30 am  
Anonymous karenO said...

You live in a beautiful town, thanks for sharing AND for the nice comment on my blog! :)

July 17, 2007 2:19 pm  
Anonymous Lut C. said...

Lovely backyard!

July 17, 2007 2:25 pm  
Anonymous Robyn said...

We had a bathing box at Dromana when I was growing up...your photos made me quite nostalgic.

Great tour...and your backyard looks very Zen, something I could do with more of.

July 18, 2007 7:58 am  
Anonymous lara said...

Oh its so nice where you live!!! I hope one day I can visit in real life!!! (I'll try to not be one of those annoying summer visitors!)

July 18, 2007 3:06 pm  
Anonymous christina said...

beautiful. i love the pics! i need to come for a visit. ; )

July 19, 2007 1:25 pm  
Anonymous Bea said...

Bathing boxes! When did I last see some of those? Love your shots.

Bea

July 21, 2007 9:31 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home