October 24, 2006

Another Day

             
 

 

First day back at work today, was still sore but managed to stay in my office for most of the day.  We got a letter from Melbourne IVF and all 17 embies made it to freeze, so we have our own little football team!! 

 I am scared, but in a way I feel numb almost like I don’t even feel like I have been through the injections, the retrieval and transfer. I have to stop myself and realise I have a little one blob inside me and its trying to make a home.  In the back of my mind I wonder how much longer we can keep going financially, I am scared that there’s going to be a point were I am told we can’t afford to do it anymore. But then there’s that selfish bit of me thinking that we now have 17 little ones in the freezer and no one is going to take them from me or tell me we can’t afford to use them …… is that so wrong??

Labels:

8 Comments:

Anonymous Sparkle said...

Far out - 17 in the freezer - awesome!

Can't believe you're back at work, sorry to hear you're still not feeling great. After all those eggs, it may take another week or so to really start feeling great.

Keeping drinking lots of water - take care.

October 24, 2006 7:55 pm  
Anonymous Jen said...

having all those embryos frozen means that if you ever do get told finances just wont cover ivf, you have time to regroup and re-save.
good to hear your back at work means you must be feeling almost normal and that is always a good thing.

October 24, 2006 8:35 pm  
Anonymous soralis said...

Congrats on all the frosties!!!

Glad to hear that you are feeling well enough to go back to work.

Take care and good luck

October 24, 2006 9:38 pm  
Anonymous annmarie said...

I understand your concerns....I get it...but you have 17! That is so wonderful. See what the future brings. Money is just money, just make sure you have the energy to get through it all....but this round may work, too. Remember that!

October 24, 2006 10:59 pm  
Anonymous Meri-ann said...

Wow- 17 frosties!! That's fabulous......

Have you reached the threshold yet so you get 85% out of pocket back? We have and that's pretty much the only reason I'm going to cycle again, it really does make a difference. x

October 25, 2006 1:59 am  
Anonymous Glenda said...

ohhhhh! love the new look Blog!!! Very classy!

October 25, 2006 8:42 am  
Anonymous Cindy said...

My heart aches for you reading this post and I truly hope that the angels are listening and help you through whatever happens. Thinking of you.

October 29, 2006 10:29 pm  
Anonymous Sunny said...

Your man is a good man! He warmed my heart.

HUGS to you! I hope the ugly red head lady stays AWAY!!!

October 30, 2006 8:41 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home