April 28, 2006

My visit with my IVF Dr



I had my visit with my IVF Dr today, who I really think couldn't believe all this had happened and asked how we are doing. I have to say I walked out of there feeling a little down and had tears in my eyes.

He didn't beat around the bush and told us that once it happens you have an increased risk of it happening again, but like my Obs said unfortunately it can happen to anyone and there is nothing you can do to stop it. He explained that it had nothing at all to do with my cervix and even if the stitch went in my waters can still break and the stitch will do nothing. He also explained that it was not my cervix opening that caused the waters to break, it just happens and if it had of been my cervix then I would of gone into labor on my own.

He has sent me off for some more blood tests and even another chromosome (sp) one for Nath much to Naths disgrace lol of having to have a blood test...........big girl!!! The ones I remember are ladien(sp), protein c, chromosome etc and even one the nurse hadn't heard of lol. So now the wait for a couple of weeks with the chromosome taking 3 weeks to come back, if all is ok well the roller coaster begins with a my first natural frozen cycle as all my others have been artificial (medicate ones). He said it may not work because of the ovulation track record but none of the artificial ones have either with af arriving on day 10 of 2 and day 12 on the other and for those that don't know, when you do a artificial FET you should get af until you come of the pill. He said now at least we know that you can get pregnant (first person to say that to us lol) and after these tests there is no others that they can do. I asked him about the long hours I did when it happened and he said that you can't put it down to it but when your preg you need to drop your hours and get rid of the stress and to me in his voice the the 15hrs I did that day wouldn't of helped.

On the way out we ran into my Obs who was talking to some other Dr's and told us to stop. He came over and said he was going to ring us on Monday and had said another one of my tests had come back and it showed something. It showed some sort of blood clotting and he now knows that I will defanatly be going onto heparin if I fall pg again, he said at least something has shown up although as he said no cold comfort. He then asked us what we were doing here and told him we had been to see our RE, which was one of his old teachers when he was training. My obs asked what was happening so we told him and he asked to look at the tests he had ordered, then commented that a couple were the test he ordered a couple of weeks ago but would be interested to see how the clotting one comes back this time, he then gave me a Hugh hug and said he was going to say hi to my RE.

I have to say how dam scared I am of this whole thing, I know its out of my control but its my child I may lose again and I told my Dr that if I lose it again I will be certified for life......he totaly understood. My heart strings are so being pulled and my tummy is cherning, I long for my child so badly that I can't even put it into words.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home