May 04, 2007

Our Holiday

Wellington

As some of you know hubby and I went to New Zealand for 5 days and this is a bit of how it all went.  Just thought it might be something different than my sooking. 

Well we arrived back yesterday morning from New Zealand at 8am after catching a 6 am flight from Wellington but having to be up at 3am, but not getting to bed until midnight!! (they are 2 hrs a head of us)We had the best time except for the weather, it was what Melbourne weather use to be not freezing but just wet everyday.....oh except for the Sunday the day we were suppose to fly back but someone slept through it!! I have never experienced a party house before and this was one the people we stayed with are nearly 50 and they are always entertaining. The bar would be the size of almost half a house and then there is a Cellar which was big and no kidding it would have wine in it worth close to 1 mill without any problems. On Monday they had a caterer come in and restock the bar. The house is built into the mountains there like most of them, they actually have steel beams going from floor to ceiling to help hold the house in place not to mention metal ropes that were shot into the mountain to also help hold the house in place. For those who have never been to Wellington it is the place of mountains and everyone lives on or in these mountains, you just drive around with your mouth open then you come across the people that leave their cars down the bottom and they have cable cars to get to the houses!! Apparently the metal structure of this house is worth $10 million by itself. Who would of ever thought the pet industry would make so much money!!There were over 360 people who attended this conference and it was nice to finally meet some of DH old work mates and his new ones and the guy that made him redundant from his previous job just hid for the whole night, was very funny, I was even told at one stage to keep my mouth shut if I came across him lmao. Our first big night was Friday night were we went to one of the owners house who is on 64 acres, he had a marquee up and we were all bused there and then dropped off at the bottom where mini buses drove us up. There was champers, spirits, beer etc on tap and yes I made the most of it.

Sat night was even better where I still don't think I had sobered up from the night before, we ended up down the street after it had finished and when we were offered ice from a pub we soon caught a cab back to the place where we were staying, where it was full of people who kept partying until 6pm Sun night. I woke up Sun at lunch time to get ready to leave, I stood up and almost fell down with a very uneasy feeling in the gut not to mention the shakes , even when I was trying to dry my hair the room was moving and there was no way I could fly out as I get motion sickness as it is and have to take drugs for air sickness. So the HR Mgr that was there from the company that hosted it and gave DH the arse last yr organised for us to catch another flight but next one was today but we were told we were more than welcome to stay as long as we wanted.  Think I am detoxing now and in a way miss it all lol. 

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Mary Ellen said...

I am glad you had a nice vacation!

May 04, 2007 9:40 am  
Anonymous Lut C. said...

Wow! Sounds like you had a blast! The hosts sound wild. A caterer restocks their bar?!

May 04, 2007 2:08 pm  
Anonymous April said...

Wow! That pic is great! It sounds like you had a blast and then some!!! I'm glad you were able to get away and rejuvenate!

May 04, 2007 8:37 pm  
Anonymous Lisa said...

Thrilled that you had such a great holiday!!! Awesome view!
Why didn't you post the photo of the sexy red dress????!!!!!!

May 04, 2007 9:46 pm  
Anonymous meg said...

Hi Shazz! Thanks for visiting! I've just read some of your story and I'm so sorry for your loss. I know it is very, very difficult. I have a very similar story to Patience's (scarily similar) and I'll be getting those posts up very soon. It sure looks beautiful where you are!

May 06, 2007 5:21 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home