March 13, 2007

The Other Night

e190.jpg

I just wanted to share a post from the other night that I put in my journal, I feel like I needed to share as this is my soul thoughts.  I do feel better but obviously the feelings will always been there and I just had a hugh explosion that was probably needed.  I hope I don't offend anyone with it.

I have very much hit rock bottom tonight....... I hate my job with a passion but can't leave if we want to keep doing IVF. Everyone around me is getting PG or getting PG again and I am struggling to cope with maybe not even being able to have a child. I am 36 on the 18th and I am not sure its going to happen at all and as much as i know you mean well when you say it but there is no garentee that it is my turn, none what so ever!!

Australia is so backwards and such a easy country.........it takes now 3 yrs to adopt a oversea's baby which we were looking at and we have to sign a legal document stating that we have stopped ivf forever. We look after our single mothers so well that they don't have to ever get jobs thus not giving their child up even if they treat them like shit (about 20 adoptions of local babies in 06) and surro is illigal in all states bar one but the surro's name goes on the birth certificate and it can only be down if you are 100% sure you will never have a child and a Dr has to state that. Yep the land of the lucky country for sure!!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Patience said...

Oh Shazz, I hear you!! Australia is truly backward in so many ways.... x

March 13, 2007 8:45 am  
Anonymous Baby Blues said...

Sorry to hear you're at rock bottom. Here's something Mr. Kite posted that I wanted to share:

"This guy's walking down the street when he falls in a hole. The walls are so steep he can't get out. A doctor passes by, and the guy shouts up, "Hey, you, can you help me out?" The doctor writes a prescription, throws it down in the hole and moves on. Then a priest comes along, and the guy shouts up, "Father, I'm down in this hole. Can you help me out?" The priest writes a prayer, throws it down in the hole and moves on. Then a friend walks by. Hey, Joe, it's me. Can you help me out" And the friend jumps in the hole. Our guy says, "Are you nuts? Now we're both down here." The friend says, "Yeah, but I've been down here before - and I know the way out."

I may not know the way out. But hey, I'll keep you company in this dark hole.

March 13, 2007 10:18 am  
Anonymous Lut C. said...

That is a very, very tough position to be in. Letting in doctor's into such an intimate area of your life is hard, but you adapt. Having the government interfere to such a degree as well, is aggravating.

March 13, 2007 5:16 pm  
Anonymous Brenda said...

Hey there girl

Yup I seem to be thinking all the time about how it probably will never happen for us again. The ONLY thing that I have to hang on to is that 'I am a Mum, I did have a baby and if I never do it again at least I know I can tell people when they ask that yes I do have a son'.
I wonder when you know you have had enough? I think about it all the time - not stopping IVF, but will I know when its time to stop.

I'm really sorry that your feeling really crap atm.
But remember, you are a Mum and that cant eve be taken from you.

Huge hugs
xxx

March 13, 2007 6:16 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home