January 07, 2007

Just Some Thoughts

Funny how some days are better than others, some days the moods are good and other times you could rip someone’s head off at 40 paces even though they don’t deserve it.  Then other days it’s like you don’t have a care in the world and could give everyone a hug.  Unfortunately it has been the first one as of late, I just find my defences springing up for no reason, like I am taking everything personally and I hate it, it’s just not me.  I’m not sure if it’s because I am tired due to the amount of works I did over Christmas with little time off, whether the PCOS is bitting my arse or both.   

Taking about PCOS I think its rearing its ugly head, my hair looks darker on my arms and legs, I’ve had pimples, the moods and emotions and my ovulations is right up the duff with last month I ovulated on day 36 and so far this month I am on day 18 and not a thing.  This seems to give me no hope for a natural FET next month and yes I hear you say if you don’t ovulate regularly then why aren’t you doing a Artificial FET??!!  The answer to this is because I don’t respond to them, on all of them my period turned up on day 10 and as you know when you are on the pills your not suppose to get your period until you come off them…………not this little black duck.  This body not only cannot make a baby due to crushed tubes it also can’t operate properly when it comes to ovulation or even let a embrio stick.  We have had 8 transfers and in this time we have used 21 little creations of us but have only had one stick, but she had other plans and left us at 16w 2d. 

As from Monday I am starting a Low GI eating style, it has apparently been the best way of eating for people with pcos, with many Dr’s recommending it for use pcos’ers.  I went shopping today to get the foods I need which thank goodness are just everyday foods but more filling foods with grains etc.  Why on earth is it so hard for them to be labelled with Low GI on the packaging, I don’t want to spend 6 hrs in the supermarket looking at the back of a label at carbs, sugars, dividing this with that and multiplying that with this!  I pay enough for the food the least they could do its make it easier for a pcos woman who is moody and emotional and could have a break down over a tin of sardines!!!  So another diet Ooops should I say life style change isn’t that what they call it now, so we’ll see how long this one lasts for before I sneak into some corner and scoff down a chocolate addiction bar!! 

So another year filled with mystery, who knows what it holds for us but if its like last year I want my money back!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Brenda said...

Well I might just be your Low GI 'life change' friend on Monday! I so need to sort my life out and get rid of about 50 kg's!!!! ha ha (like that will ever happen)

As for you being a moody little black duck, maybe you need to take some time off??? Can you?

Hope the next cycle is the one for you both. :)

January 07, 2007 9:02 pm  
Anonymous Marge said...

I also started with the Low GI diet. It's quite similar to the South Beach Diet, so just look for SBD labels. Basically, just avoid refined food, the bad carbohydrates.
Are you also taking Metformin? I stopped it because I'm not sure if I could handle the GI upsets given I have to get used to this new way of eating. Maybe I'll start after three weeks on the Low GI diet.
You might want to check fertilityblend.com. I ordered a bottle each for men and women. It's a supplement with natural antioxidants that's said to benefit your fertility health. What the heck! I'll try anything.

Good luck on your new healthy lifestyle change! May this year be our year to shine.

January 08, 2007 1:55 pm  
Anonymous Meri-ann said...

Just wanted to give you a hug- I so hope that this is your year babe x

January 12, 2007 6:14 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home