March 29, 2007

IVF Life


94b2.jpg





I just wanted to say a Big Thankyou for all my Birthday wishes it was so nice of you all xx.  You know IVF takes a huge chunk of your life whether you like it or not, it takes away your enjoyment of sex the thought of well I can’t conceive naturally so why bother.  You feel bad because it’s not your partners fault but they seem to suffer and you just don’t know how to explain it to them without them thinking that they are only there for one thing.You stop drinking and watch what you eat………..why??  Your recommended to do it that’s why but again why…….women who conceive naturally eat & drink what they want before they even know they are pg, yet my friend’s clinic gives them a valium and brandy after during transfer………go figure!!  I find myself not doing any house work for 2weeks cause god forbid I may life that cloth and wipe the bench and af arrives lol.I find myself looking everytime I wipe after going to the toilet even when I’m not cycling (can’t believe I told you that…but its true).You run on days, weeks, hours and minute timetables, you have to arrange your life around it, whether to tell work or not…….. I chose to tell them but you almost become to scared to tell them that you need time off to cycle again.I find myself distancing from friends and barriers being put up, not wanting to hang around people with babies and young children.  The thought of seeing a pram almost makes you want to run and hide and don’t even mention the crying baby!I’m negative before I even start a cycle, I start to give up before the embrio’s have been placed back inside of me, I’m hysterical with the slightest bit of cramp I feel. 

I know there are a whole lot more but this is all of I can think of right now.  I have almost forgotten what it’s like to not cycle………the pre ivf days!  I have been on a break for 4 months now and have for the first time been loving not even thinking about it.  I have now lost 5.5kg or 12.1lb which I am a little disappointed with as I thought it would have been more by now, I’m just lying dormant. So when am I cycling next……….July 2007!

Labels:

10 Comments:

Anonymous Baby Blues said...

I'm so happy for you Shazz. Glad you're enjoying your break. I can't wait to go on a TTC break too. It's like getting my life back. Go ahead and make the most of it because you deserve it.
I'll be looking forward to seeing you cycle soon!

March 29, 2007 8:04 am  
Anonymous Mary Ellen and Steve said...

I am so glad that you are enjoying your break. It is nice to get your life back for a while. July will be here before you know it!

March 29, 2007 8:55 am  
Anonymous Nicole said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I will be back to read more. It's always nice to have a new blog to stalk. :)

March 29, 2007 10:12 am  
Anonymous Sunny said...

You are not alone on the wiping and looking business. HA! I am so glad you are loving this break and getting back to you.

March 29, 2007 12:40 pm  
Anonymous Lut C. said...

Much like a tornado, it leaves a trail of debris in your life.

March 29, 2007 1:48 pm  
Anonymous Brenda said...

I so hear ya!!!!
My only way of really explaining IVF is that is 'tiring'.
It makes me tired when I'm doing it, it makes me tired when I think about it. Since starting IVF I am tired!!!!

May wonderful things happen in July!!!

Hugs
xxx

PS - The Brandy was really overrated. Makes ya pissed but tasted bloody horrible!!!! lol

March 29, 2007 10:37 pm  
Anonymous Lis said...

I hope that your rest, and upcoming, very exciting holiday, takes you into July feeling fresh and positive, ready to tackle it head on again xx

March 29, 2007 11:48 pm  
Anonymous Patience said...

Amen girlfriend!! x

March 30, 2007 8:04 am  
Anonymous griefrollercoaster said...

Good luck if you go ahead in July, enjoy your break and well done on the weight loss, that's awesome!

March 31, 2007 8:24 pm  
Anonymous faith said...

grrrr, no more negative nelly talk! So help me sharon... if I have to come down there and live you you for a year to keep you on track and positive I will! and thats a threat!

love ya chicky!

Faith xxx

April 02, 2007 9:40 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home