October 13, 2006

Follie scan.....WOW


Well I had my scan this morning and I am absolutely dumb founded as is the
nurses and my RE, the result .........54 follicles!!! WTF and where the
hell did they come from. When one of the Dr's were doing the scan when she
said 24 follies I thought "oh good one" but then read that was just my right
ovary!! I am only on 187.5 and even when on 225 I only got 30 and as the
nurse said to me we don't know how to find a happy medium with you, you only
had 16 collected from the last stim and that was the same dose, the one
before that was 225 with 29 collected and my first was 150 with not much as
all.

Well we sat down and talked about hyperstimulating and the dangers and then
was told that we probably wont go for transfer as its too risky, well Sharon
was not happy and either was DH as we do not respond to FET's I mean we have
don't 4 of them and not a dam thing but with fresh 1 pg, 1 partial
attachment. Then discussed canceling the cycle. My nurse said she would
see if my RE was out of surgery and have a talk, well when she left the room
I must of started stressing myself and nearly passed out, Nath grabbed me
and pulled me to the bed. When the nurse came back she was saying did I
worry you that much lol but I was fine a minute later.

If all is ok after EPU it looks like they will only transfer one instead of
two, I am to ring my nurse tomorrow and Melb IVF sat and sun then go for EPU
on Monday. Then inbetween if all is not well I am to go straight to hosp.
So I have stocked up on the Gatorade, been given today off work and have to
take it easy. So if anyone else has some advise to get me to Monday I
would much appriciate it!!

Sore, tierd and scared!!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Glenda said...

ohhhhhhh this is sooo eggs-citing!! (Sorry! couldn't help myself!!). I will be thinking of you on Monday Shazz and hoping for the best.

October 13, 2006 8:33 am  
Anonymous Jen said...

ahuh you've been caught it's you hogging all the follies! hoping for a decent crop of eggs with good fert results. that whole freeze all thing sucks the big one, fets don't really work do they?

good luck lovely

October 13, 2006 9:25 am  
Anonymous Meri-ann said...

Oh you poor love, Monday must just seem so far away!
Thinking of you and sending love and hugs x

October 14, 2006 1:59 am  
Anonymous Annmarie said...

Nice new home, Shazz! I wish you the best of luck with this cycle! I did my shots myself. I became quite good at them too, thanks to a frozen bag of vegetables.

October 15, 2006 9:47 am  
Anonymous TraceyF said...

I won't lie Shazz, I was devastated when they told me that they would not do the transfer. I had driven 2.5 hours in traffic on a full bladder with a stick shift and the prospect of driving home alone still bawling my eyes out leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. But the fact is, I could not have helped it. The important thing to remember is that if you have OHSS had preformed the transfer you would end up with an unhealthy pregnancy, that would land you in hospital for weeks, risking your babys life and ultimately you life. You also would run the risk of have your ovary torsion which would have to be surgically removed. After letting the rational Tracey take over the emotional one for 30 seconds I knew that the doctor had made the right decision, and that this was the only choice we had. I wish I had better advice for you I can only give you the same old dumb advice the Doctors give, drink gatoraide, V8, Ensure, rest no heavy lifting or housework, stay off your feet a lot. Hugz

October 15, 2006 4:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home