October 12, 2006

Follie scan

Well I had my scan this morning and I am absolutely dumb founded as is the
nurses and my RE, the result .........54 follicles!!! WTF and where the
hell did they come from. When one of the Dr's were doing the scan when she
said 24 follies I thought "oh good one" but then read that was just my right
ovary!! I am only on 187.5 and even when on 225 I only got 30 and as the
nurse said to me we don't know how to find a happy medium with you, you only
had 16 collected from the last stim and that was the same dose, the one
before that was 225 with 29 collected and my first was 150 with not much as
all.

Well we sat down and talked about hyperstimulating and the dangers and then
was told that we probably wont go for transfer as its too risky, well Sharon
was not happy and either was DH as we do not respond to FET's I mean we have
don't 4 of them and not a dam thing but with fresh 1 pg, 1 partial
attachment. Then discussed canceling the cycle. My nurse said she would
see if my RE was out of surgery and have a talk, well when she left the room
I must of started stressing myself and nearly passed out, Nath grabbed me
and pulled me to the bed. When the nurse came back she was saying did I
worry you that much lol but I was fine a minute later.

If all is ok after EPU it looks like they will only transfer one instead of
two, I am to ring my nurse tomorrow and Melb IVF sat and sun then go for EPU
on Monday. Then inbetween if all is not well I am to go straight to hosp.
So I have stocked up on the Gatorade, been given today off work and have to
take it easy. So if anyone else has some advise to get me to Monday I
would much appriciate it!!

Sore, tierd and scared!!

3 Comments:

Blogger S said...

Oh crap Shazz! I gladly hand over my Ovary Queen Crown to you-holy shit!

Seriously, drink as much as you can after the transfer-Gatorade, broth, water, even Pedialyte (don't know if you have it Down Under-it's electrolyte replacement specifically used for babies/young children)-they make flavored and unflavored stuff, and even have ice pops! And, if you're even mildly unsure, call the docs-I wasn't sure if I had OHSS, and didn't call until it was too late, and ended up having 1 liter drained out of my abdominal cavity. Oddly enough, I didn't get it badly at the last cycle, when they got the most eggs....

Wishing you the best and hope that the retrieval goes smoothly.

October 13, 2006 7:48 am  
Blogger Mary Ellen and Steve said...

I didn't deal with OHSS, so I have no advice, but I hope that all goes well. Take care. I'll be checking back for updates.

Hugs to you.

October 13, 2006 11:44 am  
Blogger Sparkle said...

Holy moses - 54 follicles! Wow where have those eggs been hiding?

You will definitely have to take it easy. S is right, lots and lots of fluids - 3 litres a day is whata my clinic recommends.

My TCM once had a woman with a similar case - she did not do a fresh transfer, so please be prepared. This patient had lots of acupuncture to help try and control things - not sure if that's something you are doing?

Will keep an eye out for your next update.

Take care.

October 13, 2006 7:22 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home